TCG at the BET
(The Town Center Gallery Exhibition at the Betteravia County Building)
Three Month Show
Friday, June 21, 2-5 PM. Drop off 2-3 works for jury consideration. Work must adhere to hanging guidelines. No commission charged by the Town Center Gallery but a donation of 25% of the price of the work if sold will be given to the Santa Barbara County Arts Commission by the artist.
Saturday June 22, 1-3 PM. Artist responsible to pick up work not juried into exhibiton.
Monday, June 24. Exhibition Opens
Monday, July 1, 2-3 PM Ribbon cutting for the remodeled building followed by 3-5 PM reception for the artists.
Friday, September 27, 2-5 PM Pick up work.
MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
Hi all, remember our art intake is Monday, April 8 at the airport. We are accepting art 16x20 or larger for this intake. The fee is $10.00 for one $15.00 for two pieces of hanging art. This show will be on display until June 10.
Here are the procedures for hanging art on the walls at the Santa Maria Public Airport:
1) Each individual artist will be the contact person for any anyone interested in purchasing their artwork displayed either in the showcase or on the wall. The artist will go to the airport, make the sale (including sales tax of 8 1/4%) and will remit the 20% commission fee and the sales tax to the Gallery Treasurer. A lock box for the key to access the receipt book and money box will be attached next to the showcase.
2) the artist will arrange for a backup member to make a potential sale, if the artist is working, on vacation or for some reason might be unable to meet the person purchasing the art.
3) The Gallery will supply the tags for the artwork with the name of the artist, title of art, artist's phone number, the medium, the price, and the phone number of the back-up.
4) The artist will replace any art sold with another piece equal to or larger than the piece purchased.
5) If the artist does not wish their personal phone # to be displayed on the tag, other arrangements may be made.
Of course, any and all questions will be explained at the intake on Monday.
And as always, please be sure to make arrangements to pick up your art after each show. Obviously there is not even the possibility of storing it anywhere in the airport at this time.
I am excited. We are one step closer to having our gallery back again.
See you on Monday,
The Gallery has entered into a one-year agreement with the Santa Maria Airport to display approximately 45 pieces of artwork throughout the facility. This is in addition to the artwork presently displayed in the showcase. Each show will run for two months. The Although the Airport is considered a secure facility members are reminded that the Gallery is not responsible for loss and damage to any artwork.
To all Town Center Gallery Members
Our inaugural show at the Santa Maria Airport is a great success. We hung just under 50 paintings and had many compliments from bystanders. However, there are always a few glitches that need to be ironed out. Poor presentation reflects not only on the artist but on the Gallery. Members are encouraged to re-read the display guidelines in the Member Directory. Frames, matting and glass must be in good condition and clean. Wiring should be firmly attached, the screws holding the wire inserted one-third of the way down from the top and the top of the wire 2 1/2 “ down from the top of the frame so the hanger does not show. Do not wrap any tape at the middle of the wire. A checker will be present at the next intake prior to the registration table. Artwork not adhering to the Guidelines will not be accepted.
We had to turn away some of the members who arrived late to the intake as we ran out of hanging space. One solution to this problem is to temporarily limit the number of large pieces. We are going to ask the Airport for more space to specifically hang larger pieces but in the meantime the following rules will be applied. Fee for one piece (30” x 36” or smaller will still be $10 and the fee for two pieces (30” x 36” or smaller) will be $15. The fee for one large piece measuring more than 30” x 36 will be $15 and members are limited to one large piece.
As members will be making the sale of their pieces remember to replace the sold piece with one of comparable size. The sales tax at the Airport is 8 ¼%.
Remember Intake for the Airport Gallery is the second Monday of EVEN months and Intake for the Airport Showcase is on the second Monday of the ODD months. The Showcase is limited to one piece per member (30” x 36 or smaller) or 3-D art at a fee of $10 per piece. Let’s all pull together and make this venue a huge success.
Intake for Airport Gallery Monday, June 10, Noon - 2 PM
Board of Directors Meeting, June 3, 6:15 PM
@ Patricia Smith's Residence
Board of Directors Meeting, June 24, 6:15 PM
Intake for TCG/Betteravia Show, June 21, 2-5 PM (see above)
Intake for Airport Showcase Monday, July 8, Noon - 2 PM
The principle purpose of the Town Center Gallery is organized exclusively as a place to bring art to the community.
The Gallery does this by:
1) Providing a place for local artists to display their work and an opportunity for them to participate in community events and shows.
2) Providing various types of artwork for local businesses, including painting of murals upon request.
3) Providing scholarship funds for aspiring student artists.
4) Providing year-round art classes, lectures and demonstrations to educate children and adults.
5) Encouraging and helping the artists develop an awareness and interest in furthering their creative endeavors.